DpsTeck

Author Topic: FIERY X12 RIP PROBLEM  (Read 4068 times)

xerox 1250

FIERY X12 RIP PROBLEM
« on: July 22, 2008, 09:25:52 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I have a docucolor 12/50 hooked up with a Fiery X12 Rip. I definetly have a rip problem as i swapped it with another rip and everything is ok now. Hence, problem: it prints strips of color through out the entire paper and distorts the image/text up and down. I tried printing a test page and it prints the test pages the same as well. I tried calibrating, the same... If anyone has any suggestions, it would be apprecaited.

xeroxpws

• Paid Subcription
Re: FIERY X12 RIP PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 07:52:25 AM »
Most likely one of two things , the software is corrupt or the video board on the fiery is bad . Also, might be noise in the system . Try removing everything and reset all the connectors i/e cpu, memory, ide and power supply plugs.
" If there's a new way
  I'll be first in line
  But it better work this time"

xerox 1250

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 05:59:27 PM »
Thanks. I'll try reseting everything and see how it goes. If its the software and its corrupt will this mean that if i reload it that this may fix the problem? If so would you have any idea where i could source the software from as i do not have it. I am from Sydney, Australia. Thanks for your help.

xerox 1250

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 07:42:21 PM »
Tried re-setting everything including removing the circuit board battery and leaving it out overnight. Now when i turn the Fiery on its screen is blank and the activity light is solid red. I think its blaked the entire thing. Need help, need the software to re-upload. Verision: X12 1.5 + updates.

Help...

xeroxpws

• Paid Subcription
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 08:02:14 PM »
Once you remove the battery your boot BIOS is gone.

Now you'll have to reload the software.

I'll check and see if I have a copy, I think I loaned out to someone and never got it back but will look in the disc box at work and get back with you tomorrow.
" If there's a new way
  I'll be first in line

xerox 1250

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 08:23:16 PM »
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help. I am happy to pay for the postage to Australia. Please let me know how you go.

xeroxpws

• Paid Subcription
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 12:47:20 PM »
Sorry Xerox1250 - I loaned it out and haven't got it back yet. I'm sure someone here would be able to find you a copy. If not I'll try my best to get mine back and send it your way.
" If there's a new way
  I'll be first in line

xerox 1250

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 05:32:26 PM »
Thanks for looking, much appreciated. If you can find out and get it back i would be greatful. Anyone else out there who may have a copy of the Fiery x12 1.5 software so i can reload software please let me know.

Thanks

vjatich

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 11:43:25 PM »
 Try restoring the software from backup.

To restore from backup do the following:

1) Power down the Fiery and wait 10 seconds.
2) Press and hold the 4th key on the right side on the UI (user interface) and power on the Fiery.
3) Continue to hold the 4th key until the UI reads "Install Software", "Restore Backup", "Install Option" and "Start System".
4) Select "Restore Backup"
5) Select "Yes" at the following question "Restore backup configuration?"
6) This will take approximately 15-20 minutes and the Fiery will reboot 3-4 times.
7) Once the Fiery comes up to Idle you will need to "Run Setup" and reconfigure the settings.

xerox 1250

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 05:24:12 PM »
Thanks i will give this a ago. Sounds promising. Thanks

xerox 1250

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 10:26:19 PM »
Hi vjatich,

i tried the steps however, nothing shows up on the Fiery screen when i hold down the 4th key. Any ideas.
Thanks